The summer transfer window is approaching and there are a lot of rumors about who is moving where. Transfer Talk will tell you about the latest rumors, comings and goings, and of course the deals that have been made!
MAIN STORY: Abraham targeted by United and Arsenal
Arsenal and Manchester United may battle over the signing of the England international. Tammy Abraham This summer they continue to search for a striker. Corriere dello Sport.
The 24-year-old striker reportedly caught the attention of a number of clubs last season with an impressive campaign for Roma, scoring 17 goals in 37 Serie A appearances; but Erik ten Hag’s Gunners and United are believed to be leading the race.
When Abraham joined Giallorossi from Chelsea last season, the Blues will have the first option to sign Abraham if they want to bring him back to Stamford Bridge for £69m. However, the move could prove difficult given signs that Abraham is happy in Italy and has no plans to leave the Estadio Olimpico.
Abraham reportedly enjoyed working under Roma boss José Mourinho last season, and Abraham helped the club win the European Conference League title.
– ESPN+ Guide: La Liga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Broadcast ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– No ESPN? Get instant access
– Manchester United are preparing to make a new offer to Barcelona next week as they look to reach a deal for Frankie de Jongaccording to Fabrizio Romano. United manager Ten Hag has reportedly made the 25-year-old midfielder his top target this summer. blaugrana may be willing to move him as they look for funds to strengthen other parts of the team.
– Celtic and Udinese ready to battle for Metz star Amadou Mbengewrites Foot Mercato. The 20-year-old midfielder attracted a lot of interest from the Bundesliga in January, but now it looks like more clubs across Europe will be joining the race to sign him. Mbenge is due to become a free agent on June 30 but has yet to agree new terms with Le Grenas.
– Mario Gotze Apparently, in the future he will return to the Bundesliga. He is reportedly close to moving to Eintracht Frankfurt. Sport1. Talks are reportedly scheduled for next week and the 30-year-old PSV Eindhoven midfielder has reportedly chosen the Europa League champions as his next destination. Gotze is also on Benfica’s radar.
Liverpool are interested in signing Marco Asensioaccording to Sport. Despite recent reports that the Reds have wrapped up their transfer business this summer in terms of incoming signings, the latter indicate Jurgen Klopp has identified Asensio as a target. The 26-year-old attacking midfielder made 31 appearances for Real Madrid in La Liga last season, scoring 10 goals.
– River Plate will resume talks with Atlético Junior as they look to finalize the transfer Miguel Borjaaccording to Pipe Sierra. The Colombian club can reportedly be persuaded to allow the 29-year-old striker to leave for the right fee, with River known to be preparing to make an offer next week. The Colombian has scored eight goals in 11 Liga Dimayor regular season games and has since scored twice in six playoff games.