Casa Soccer League / Local leagues
Posted by Tim Lutz on June 15, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Photo: Paul Rudderow
The CASA Soccer League is Philadelphia’s premier adult amateur soccer league. With men’s leagues, women’s and non-binary leagues, 11v11, 7v7, co-ed, tournaments and an entire promotion and relegation football ecosystem, CASA truly is football for everyone. Our friends in brother game doing a great job of summarizing all the men’s league events each week, and we’ve come to the last week of the season.
To recap the local PSP minor league this week, let’s take a break from the usual structure and look at the CASA men’s leagues closing out the spring season.
Promotion and demotion
Two teams from each division are promoted and two are relegated. First place in the division earns promotion and the right to play in the Kelly Cup for the CASA championship. The second to fifth places in the division enter the promotion play-off to determine the second team to be promoted. The last two teams in the standings are relegated. The promotion playoff final will take place on Saturday, June 18th.
- Primera Division – Relegation – Stony United and Cunningham Squires
- Segunda – Division Champion – Washed Up United
- Promotion Play-off Final – Vidas United vs Oaklin United
- Relegation – FC Bobert Munich
- Tercera – Division Champion – Yardy FC
- Promotion Playoff Final – Philly Black Stars vs Fishtown FC
- Relegation – Burber United and PSS U23
- Quarto – Division Champion – Mighty Ducks
- Promotion Playoff Final – Aston Phila FC vs Rebels FC
- Relegated – Club Sandwich and LCFC Revolution
- Quinto – Division Champion – Mark Wahlberg Cousins
- Promotion Playoff Final – Philly Athletic Club vs. Oaklyn United
- Relegation – TBC FC and Cityzens FC
- Sexto – Division Champion – Boys Do Cry FC
- Promotion Playoff Final – Philly Saint-Germain vs Still Processing FC
- Relegated – Donnie Wahlberg Cousins and Philadelphia Strikers
- Septima – Division Champion – Sunday Giorgi
- Promotion Playoff Final – Sanko United FC vs. United Philly Soccer
The Kelly Cup is a CASA championship. The top five teams from the Primera division advance to the Kelly Cup playoffs and are joined by division winners from the other six CASA divisions. The semi-finals will take place on Saturday, June 18, and the final will take place on Sunday, June 26 at Subaru Park, home of the Philadelphia Union.
Palanga League Cup
The Palanga League Cup is an open league cup competition in which all teams in all divisions can participate, playing in a knockout tournament style to determine the winner. The final will take place on Wednesday, June 22.
- Salone FC will start the EPSL playoffs on Friday, June 17 against Real Central NJ at Marcus Foster Stadium at 7:00 pm.
- The winner will play International New Jersey FC on Sunday, June 19 at 5:00 pm at Bristol Township Municipal Park.
- In last week’s PSP Local Lower League final game of the week, the Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals defeated the Philadelphia Lone Star 4-3 in an NPSL game. Ukrainian citizens are now 5-0-0.
- West Chester United will play in the Werner Fricker Open Cup Region 1 Final on Saturday, June 18 at the Ukrainian American Sports Center in Horsham, Pennsylvania. The winner will advance to the National Final 4 of the Werner Fricker Open Cup.