The Portland Trail Blazers are heading into tonight’s game. NBA draft armed with the seventh, 46th and 57th picks. This marks the first time the franchise has entered the draft with a lottery pick since CJ McCollum was the 10th overall pick in 2013. Yes, the franchise also took the 10th overall pick in 2017, but only after a deal was negotiated with draft night. Sacramento Kings.
Orlando Magic receives top pick for the first time since Dwight Howard was picked in 2004. Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons as well as Indiana Pacers. However, there is always a chance that one or two trades will be made during the night.
Auburn’s Jabari Smith Jr., Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren, Duke’s Paolo Banchero, and Purdue’s Jayden Ivey have been heavily promoted as the names most likely to be named at the start of the trial.
Here is the important information if you want to take a look:
- Date and time: Tonight, 8:00 pm ET / 5:00 pm PT
- Where: Barclays Center, New York
- TV coverage: First round on ABC, entire draft on ESPN.
Please remember our branch rules.
- Don’t troll in your comments; create a conversation, don’t destroy it
- Remember that Blazer’s Edge is essentially a profanity-free site.
- Out of respect for the streaming partners who paid to distribute the game, we do not allow mention of “alternative” (read: illegal) viewing methods in our threads.
- The commenting system was updated over the summer. They are still working on optimizing it for Game Day themes like ours. If you don’t like clicking “Load more comments”, remember that the “Z” key can be your friend. It downloads the latest comments automatically.
That’s all! Have fun and hopefully the Blazers will pick and/or trade to improve the team for the 2022-23 season.
We’ll be updating the primaries and deals as they become available here.
2 Oklahoma City
8 New Orleans (from Los Angeles Lakers)
9 San Antonio
11 New York
12 Oklahoma City (from Los Angeles Clippers)
15 Charlotte (from New Orleans)
17 Houston (from Brooklyn)
20 San Antonio (from Toronto)
22 Memphis (from Utah)
25 San Antonio (from Boston)
26 Houston (from Dallas)
28 Golden State
30 Denver (from Oklahoma City)
31 Indiana (from Houston via Cleveland)
33 Toronto (from Detroit via San Antonio, Washington and Chicago)
34 Oklahoma City
35 Orlando (from Indiana via Milwaukee)
36 Detroit (from Portland)
38 San Antonio (from Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago and Washington)
39 Cleveland (from San Antonio via Utah)
40 Minnesota (from Washington via Cleveland)
41 New Orleans
42 New York
43 Los Angeles Clippers
46 Portland (from Brooklyn via Detroit)
47 Memphis (from Cleveland via New Orleans and Atlanta)
49 Sacramento (from Chicago via Memphis and Detroit)
50 Minnesota (from Denver via Philadelphia)
51 Golden State (from Toronto via Philadelphia)
52 New Orleans (from Utah)
– Milwaukee (confiscated)
– Miami (from Philadelphia via Denver; confiscated by Miami)
54 Washington (from Dallas)
55 Golden State
56 Cleveland (from Miami via Indiana)
57 Portland (from Memphis via Utah)
58 Indiana (from Phoenix)