Hi all! I’m back in your mailbox this morning to update you on all the most important events going on locally. Here’s the catch…
First, today’s weather:
Afternoon thunderstorm; warmer. High: 83, low: 65.
Here are the top 4 stories in Patchogue today:
- Teenage hero Anthony Zhongor, 17, from Patchog met the father of an 18-year-old he rescued from Patchog Bay.. Mia Samolinsky drove into the water by mistake on Tuesday evening. Charlie Samolinsky stepped out to personally thank his daughter’s savior. (News Day/Subscription Required)
- Give dad a day of fishing hosted by the Patchogue Medford Public Library. Children in grades 3 through 6 can accompany their adults to West Lake on the Montauk Highway. (PMP Library)
- A man was attacked on the Long Island Railroad in Patchogue. According to police, the suspect is in custody, the victim received injuries incompatible with life. (News Day/Subscription Required)
- On Wednesday, the Bean of Patchogue coffee shop brought beautiful colors to the village. Local artists painted a peace sign on the wall facing west. (Big LEE)
From our sponsor:
Are you a resident of Patchog? search for an alternative to investing in the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many answered the same: fine art.
Think you can’t afford Picasso? In 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act to allow art securitization. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. Previously, you could only buy stocks of companies like Apple, but with this investment app, you can unlock these secure investments.
This means you can invest in stocks of a million dollars worth of art. And in troubled times it turns out; that fine art can be a wise investment. That’s why:
- Low correlation with stocks according to Citi
- Historically, contemporary art has returned 23.2 percent. when inflation is >3 percent
- Prices for contemporary art outperformed the S&P 500 by 164 percent (1995-2021)
To find out more visit Masterworks.iowhere Patchogue Daily readers can skip the waiting list.
See important Reg A Information disclosure.
Today in Patchog:
- Bingo with Barbara in PMPL. (10 a.m)
- Rehearsal for an almost Manx performance in PMPL. (16:00)
- PAL Football Program for 2022 in PMPL. (18:00)
From my notepad:
- Patchog-Medford School District: “This week the winners of the Patchogue Medford Library Research Contest were announced! Congratulations to Taylor, Mike and Melody (not pictured).” (Patchog-Medford School District via Facebook)
- Big Patchog: “A 17-year-old saw the accident and helped the driver get back to safety. No harm done”. (GreaterPatchogue via Facebook)
- Are you looking for a job? Patch has a list of the latest jobs in the Patchog area. (Patch patch)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Greenhill Kitchen’s first annual summer launch event. (June 17)
- Hire a professional to clean the yard for dad. (June 19)
- Exhibition of vintage and classic cars. (June 25)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Now you’re in the know and ready to start this Friday off right! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have an idea for a story? Please contact me! I would like to hear from you! Wife, mother, gourmet, traveler and nature lover.
Any news or suggestions for the upcoming Patchogue Daily? Contact me at [email protected]